Laser dentistry is ideal for use in a variety of procedures, and it is known to improve efficiency in dental care as well as comfort during treatment and recovery. It can be used for patients of all ages, including patients who have pacemakers and therefore are not allowed to undergo electrosurgery due to the high risk of electrical interference.
Lasers produce minimal heat and don’t have electrical characteristics. As such, they can be used in patients who have implants or orthodontic brackets and wires.
Why laser dentistry?
- Is safe for patients of all ages.
- Provides precise cavity detection
- Ensures unparalleled comfort.
- Eliminates the need of a scalpel or stitches after soft tissue treatments.
- Minimizes bleeding during soft tissue dental treatments.
- Shortens healing time significantly.
- Results in minimal postoperative symptoms.
- Is perfect for treating patients with dental phobias as it involves no needles or drills.
- Enables early detection, which provides more precise and effective treatment options.
Laser dentistry explained
Laser dentistry uses electrons, the tiny atoms inside atoms to treat a broad range of dental symptoms, focused mainly on:
Limelight Dental specializes in laser dentistry techniques. All our dental practitioners are fully qualified in their respective specialties, as well as in the use of laser dentistry technology. Using the appropriate safety precautions ensures your safety during treatments.
Whether you need hard tissue laser surgery or gum surgery, you can expect a simpler procedure and a shorter recovery time. Laser dentistry offers a convenient alternative for many dental and oral issues, including serious reconstruction work or cosmetic dentistry.
Speak to your professional at Limelight Dental today about our laser dentistry procedures.